WILD GUYde Adventures, LLC
1047 Stuart St.
Harrisonburg, VA 22802
“I will exchange a city for a sunset, the tramp of legions for a wind’s wild cry, and all the braggard thrusts of steel triumphant for one far summit, blue against the sky.”
Climbing, Caving, and more outdoor adventures for you, within “spittin’ range” of
Did you know that, within 1 ½ hours of town, you can go:
Day-hiking to peaks and waterfalls in the
climbing and rappelling in the
North River or Lee Ranger Districts, along
· Caving (underground of course)!
paddling on the South Fork of
WILD GUYde Adventures provides guided beginner level outdoor adventures
and competent instruction in activity fundamentals. We use various areas in the George
We believe that an amazing alchemy occurs when we mix the ingredients of exciting activities and challenge, skills and learning, leadership, the wild outdoors, physical exertion, and the group. And the result can be fun and excitement, greater personal strength and insight, deeper trust, and more precious companionship than before!
if you want to find out more about what really makes our hearts beat at WILD GUYde Adventures)
Who wants to go?
· A beginning climber wanting personalized guiding/instruction in anchoring, belaying, movement technique, and rappelling
· Family groups/vacation trips
· A Dad or Mom looking for a special experience with a son or daughter
· A church youth group wanting a day or several of guided outdoor adventure in the Shenandoah Valley
· Children’s clubs and Scout troops (BSA Rock Climbing Merit badge available)
· A bunch of friends or co-workers looking for a fun day in the National Forest
· A creative teacher ready to link outdoor recreation with environmental awareness and natural science for his or her young students
Some Special Ideas for 2017!
· If your year has been a bit anxious, maybe your family needs some time away – a getaway that is meaningful but doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. Adventure together, and come out of the day a stronger family. There’s a “stay-cation” not far from you, here in the Shenandoah Valley, or the mountains of the Blue Ridge or the Allegheny Front!
· Do you have an active Pop-Pop or Grandma who can hike, but doesn’t want to do the vertical stuff? Invite them into your family event, and claim our “Camera-Carrier discount” (50% off for one person in your group who is just along for the ride!)
· How about a “Girlfriend Getaway” – an adventure outing that you put together for ladies only!? Our male guide will keep his mouth shut ALL day (well . . . MOST of the day)!
What about skills?
We can offer all the way from casual outdoor fun to family excitement to EXTREME. As we plan with you, we’ll decide together what your readiness is, and tailor a trip that meets your interests and needs.
How much does it cost?
Rates vary depending upon the size of the group, the activity chosen, and the site selected. Check out the links on the left for the trip prices on the activities that interest you. Group rates and consecutive day discounts are available. Please inquire.
What do I do next?
Download and print the Medical Form/Participant Agreement, and the what-to-bring list, and start to gather your gear. Then, to begin your adventure planning, or to arrange dates, rates and meeting points, contact us at:
(540) 433-1637 or Lester@wildguyde.com
Some other details
· Lester R. Zook is the WILD GUYde. He is a Wilderness First Responder, and is a certified member of the American Mountain Guides Association (Single Pitch Instructor), and the Professional Climbing Instructors' Association.
· WGA’s guiding season is 7 days a week May through August, and weekends in the spring and fall. Call early to reserve; weekends in particular can fill quickly.
· WILD GUYde will provide all technical equipment (ropes, harnesses, helmets, etc.). A personal things-to-bring list will be provided.
· We can also help with lodging ideas. We can recommend from primitive to posh – National Forest campgrounds, drive-up motels, and some delightful Bed and Breakfast inns!
· These activities have inherent risks; that’s the meaning of the word adventure. Clients will be asked to fill out a Medical Form/Participant Agreement to participate. Some activities are physically strenuous, emotionally demanding, or require sustained cognitive attention to task and detail. We make every effort to create a great day, but WGA guides do reserve the prerogative to deny access/participation if, in our judgment, the client is not likely to be successful. Clients also may not be “under the influence” of alcohol or recreational drugs at the time of the event.
· A half-day is an experience lasting up to 4 hours, from trailhead to trailhead. A paying client is anyone who leaves the vehicle with the adventure group, regardless of their level of subsequent participation.
· Group Discount: For groups of 10 or larger, we disregard the starter fee, and simply bill the per-person rate.
· Payment is requested at the event. Payment by cash or check (made out to WGA); unfortunately, credit card payments cannot be accepted at this time. Gratuities are never expected, and always appreciated.
· WGA is a permitee with the George Washington and Monongahela National Forests, and along Virginia’s Blue Ridge. WGA practices environmental stewardship, and is a member of the Access Fund, the National Speleological Society, the Harrisonburg Rockingham Chamber of Commerce, the Christian Adventure Association, and the Virginia Tourism Corporation. WGA is an equal opportunity employer and provider.